Monday, October 27, 2008

Knit and Crochet Lovelies

Some of you may or may not be aware of the fact that I can knit and crochet. I've actually been doing those two crafts longer than making hair bows. My talent in the area isn't even close to impressive but it does what I need it to do for me. Give me relaxation and something to do with my hands while watching Brothers and Sisters every Sunday night.

Here are some the knitters and crochet folks that I am impressed with and some of their fabulous creations.

This first seller I have purchased my daughter's hat from and even a few hats for my best friend's new baby but I have yet to purchase a hat for myself. It's on my Christmas list I sent my mom so hopefully she listens. TwoSeasideBabes work is flawlessly beautiful. What exactly from her shop is on my wish list. The ever popular buckle beanie she has. It's a definate favorite of mine.



The next yarn lovelie I'm going to display is another absolute favorite of mine. The knitted rug. Let me tell you, these things are not easy to find in the handmade community. The talent and time that goes into these pieces is amazing and Fafnir's rendition surely doesn't disappoint. Their entire shop is chaulk full of beautiful fiber art pieces.



Lastly I want to feature a seller that is not only on Etsy but also on Hyena Cart as a vendor on America's Handmade Homefront, HomemadeZen. I asolutely love her stuffed lovies. My favorite is this cloud brooch she has both in her Etsy shop and at America's Handmade Homefront. It is just too cute for words and would make an awsome gift for that quirky and fun person on your list this year.



I of course have LOTS of other crochet and knit items that I fancy. Other shops include Bethjt, MooseThreads, Buddlebub Creations on Inspired and CraftyAnna.

5 comments:

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

I love that rug....it looks like it would be so soft and confy and warm.!!!!

Homemade Zen said...

Wonderful selections - thanks for having me!

Shalana, the funky felter said...

great picks! I especially love that rug :)

Peasblog said...

sooo do you knit and crochet to sell??

Emily of Ella-Bear Bowtique said...

natesgirl, No I don't sell my crochet and knit items. I make them for my own family, myself and gift giving purposes. Thanks for asking!